For effective publicity, you need to be organized and put in the work to control the message you send to the public. If you want to get some press for your brand, you need to define what’s unique about your offer and make a list of brand stories to share.
Once you have a newsworthy story, the next step is to reach out to journalists and influencers who can help get your story into the world. Don’t forget to send them a copy of your media kit!
5 reasons media and publicity are going to make a major impact on your business:
#1 Visibility in the media helps build strong “know, like, trust” with your audience.
#2 Media bios are the perfect place to highlight your best freebie and grow your email list.
#3 Learn from an introverted multi-million dollar publicity expert (my friend Selena Soo!) and an award-winning journalist and editor (Selena’s Senior Media Coach, Lynya Floyd!)
#4 No matter what level your business is at, publicity will help you springboard to the next level.
#5 This quick, 1-hour-a-day, 3-day challenge will kickstart your visibility and set you up for publicity success!
Whether you sign up for the free challenge—or choose the $97 VIP option to snag exclusive trainings and video replays—this is a no-brainer.
Sign up here to join us. The challenge runs from March 14-16, 2022.
I know what an impact publicity has made in my business, and as a public relations professional myself I want to make sure you get to experience the magic of media, too.
If you're interested in joining Selena Soo's Impacting Millions course, read my review for a fresh perspective from a public relations professional. I’m also revealing my exclusive affiliate bonus very soon, so make sure you get your name on my Impacting Million’s mailing list here!
Free Publicity Calendar
12 Months of Story Ideas To Win Over the Media, Totally Free! This FREE Publicity Calendar is your shortcut to landing amazing visibility opportunities, getting more clients, revenue, and time. It's available for LIMITED time to help you plan your 2022 strategy. Download your copy!
Here are 10 tips to help you get started with the publicity process.
- Identify your unique brand value. This needs to be communicated through your publicity, so identify how you uniquely meet the needs of your customers.
- Offer free stuff. Create information products you can use as freebies to get the word out about the value you offer.
- Give your audience something to do. Offer a challenge where they can tell their story on your platform. Join me for the Perfectly Planned Publicity Challenge (it's only $1 to get started).
- Win an award in your industry. This official recognition is a great event that you can publicize.
- Write a guest blog post and submit it to a blog in your industry to show your expertise. Include a link in the bio.
- Get interviewed on a podcast, online radio show, or YouTube show. Share your expertise by discussing a topic that’s relevant to your audience.
- Keep a calendar of holidays and events that are relevant to your audience. You can use these as opportunities for publicity. Lucky for you… I’ve got a FREE guide to giveaway to our blog readers—a fresh copy of my PR colleague Selena Soo’s 2022 Publicity Calendar. Download your copy!
- Pitch in and help out the community. Volunteering for a charity is a great way to generate positive publicity for you and your business.
- Create an active community on social media. An engaged social media presence can help you multiply your publicity efforts by telling others about your activities and events.
- Attend local events armed with a media kit that explains who you are and what you do.
Are you tired of having a great product or service that you can’t get the word out about? Check out the Public Relations Academy! It teaches you the ‘how to’ of the publicity process so you finally get the results you deserve.
If you're interested in joining Selena Soo's Impacting Millions course, read my review for a fresh perspective from a public relations professional. I’m also revealing my exclusive affiliate bonus very soon, so make sure you get your name on my Impacting Million’s mailing list here.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission.