As a busy female entrepreneur, you likely have a lot of brand stories
to tell, but you don’t know how to turn your stories into publicity for your brand.
The first thing you need to do in order to get results from your publicity efforts is to get yourself organized! Part of your system for telling the public about your products and services is to create and maintain a calendar for getting things done. With an organized and systematic approach, you’ll feel less stressed and get more accomplished in your publicity efforts from day one.
In this free video presentation
, I’m sharing a limited time opportunity with you to get media results with my support! Register for the free presentation to learn more.
You need to maintain a schedule for publishing news with journalists, being active on social media, and keeping things moving. It takes a bit of upfront work to set up this schedule, but once you get in the flow, it will save you time and work elsewhere.
Map out your publicity strategy with this FREE calendar:
A publicity coach
will help you stick to a calendar of holidays and events that are relevant to your audience. You can then use these as opportunities for publicity. I have a FREE guide
to giveaway to our Fempreneur blog readers—a fresh copy of my Content Planning Calendar
You need stories to use for your publicity.
It’s a good idea to look ahead and mark your calendar for timely events that you can use for publicity purposes. This is something we are planning together inside the Public Relations Academy
membership if you want to join us to hold yourself accountable.
Register for the free presentation to learn more.
These could be holidays or events in the news, like Mother’s Day, the release of a new kids app, or an online event like Earth Day. Mark these ahead of time so you can have your publicity piece written and ready to distribute to journalists well in advance.
It could also be something inside your business, such as the launch of a new product, a new website
, the opening of a new membership, an anniversary, or another milestone. Each event can be a valuable piece of publicity, but you have to make it newsworthy so it appeals to journalists.
Related: Download this FREE Media Interview Confidence Tip Sheet
Here are some tips on effectively managing your calendar to get the most out of your efforts:
- Integrate your publicity calendar with your other calendars so it doesn’t get forgotten.
- Take large tasks and break them up into small tasks you can put on a daily to-do list.
- Be flexible. You should try to stick to your calendar as closely as possible, but be prepared to make changes as necessary.
- Include regular sessions to monitor your results.
When you are planning your publicity pieces, ask yourself these questions:
- What are your goals for your publicity?
- Who is your target audience?
- What is your key message?
As part of your planning, you’ll need to answer these questions. You can then decide how to go about getting publicity on local radio or TV, in an industry publication, or in an online magazine.
Don’t forget to download my FREE guide to plan your content strategy in the next 72 hours.
Keep in mind that writers, interviewers, and influencers have their own deadlines and may need a contact from you weeks or even months before a specific event takes place. This is something you should put on your schedule.
There are many steps that lead up to each piece being published or aired, such as pitching stories to journalists and influencers. Each step along the way should be on your calendar to ensure it gets done in a timely fashion.
Events, online or offline, offer an excellent opportunity for publicity. Find events happening in your industry and attend each along with a pitch to journalists in industry or local publications.
Ways to work together:
- Media Pitching: Work with our team at Pink Pearl PR to pitch your product to major magazines, influencers, and high-profile publications.
- Digital Marketing: Work with our team to develop your search engine optimization (SEO) strategy, or manage your Google ads. Ask us about our unique PR for SEO strategy for female entrepreneurs!
- One-On-One: Work with Talia to create your signature offer and get media ready.
- Coaching and Courses: The Public Relations Academy will help you create your own PR strategy with our guidance.
If you are interested in working on your publicity strategy with my guidance and our guest experts from Canadian Women in Public Relations and American Women in Public Relations, I encourage you to join the Public Relations Academy
If you would like to work with me personally to grow your personal brand as a female executive or entrepreneur, you can work with me at Pink Pearl PR. Book a call
to see if we’re a good fit.