MiuKoridi is a personal style blog with daily inspirations and individual outlook on trends and fashion. Empress Avenue had the opportunity to learn more Tatiana, the editor behind MiuKoridi.com.
1. Tell us about yourself and how you started blogging. – I started blogging in April 2011. At that time I was working as a fashion stylist and a personal shopper and I used to browse the Internet and saved the looks and the outfits that inspired me for my work. I followed some of the blogs as well and I thought that it would be a good idea to share my knowledge in fashion and my inspirations with some of my friends and clients. My husband is a fashion photographer who has also inspired me and helped me to create my blog. He started taking photos of my daily outfits before we headed to work or on the weekends and the Miukoridi blog was formed…
2. What makes your blog absolutely fabulous? – The pictures that my husband takes. He always tries to be creative and provides me with a lot of interesting ideas for the settings.
3. What type of content fits with your targeted audience? – I would say, the online shopping, the new brands that I discover, and mostly my personal photos of daily outfits. People like to look at the pictures for inspiration.
4. What does a day in your blog life look like? – I usually brainstorm the the ideas and create an outline content for the upcoming posts, think of the location if I am going to take pics of my outfits, or work on the trend report for other posts.
5. What types of readers are in your blog ‘pink book’ and who are you looking to connect with? – I have different readers and followers. Mostly it’s women in their 20s and 30s who visit my blog and follow me on my other social media platforms. I recently became a new mom and I want to add a new style of content to my blog. I am looking to connect with other new moms just like me, who like fashion, shopping and baby products.
6. Is running your own blog as glamorous as it sounds? Why or why not? – No it is not. It’s a lot of work and you have to be very dedicated to your work in order to achieve great results.
7. What celebrity do you look at for style inspiration and why? – I really like Gwyneth Paltrow’s style, she always looks glowing and her effortless outfits are so perfect and very coordinated. I also get inspired by the beauty and charms of Miranda Kerr. She is such a positive person and a great mom.
8. What are your favourite stores to shop at for the perfect wardrobe? – I mostly shop online. I like the online boutiques like Shopbop, The Outnet, ASOS and One Teaspoon. In Montreal I shop in different places, small boutiques and big department stores. I like Aritzia, J.Crew, Madewell for casual and Catherine Malandrino for special events. Catherine Malandrino clothes are a perfect epitome of feminine allure, they suit every body type and the styles are timeless.
9. What is your favourite travel hot spot? What items do you not leave behind? – Always France. I am in love with this country. When I travel I always make sure to pack less items. My suitcase is half empty when I leave the country and full with new shoes when I come back! But I never leave behind my favorite essentials – silk shirts, jeans, my aviators and a pair of cool running shoes…
10. Can you offer any advice for new bloggers or female entrepreneurs looking to promote their business? – It’s important to be social with your followers, to connect with other bloggers and blogger networks in order to promote your own business. Brand collaborations are a good way to promote your blog and to meet new people in the industry.
Submissions: We are looking for contributors to share business advice, travel inspiration, shopping guides and style tips with our readers. Do you know a successful business woman we could interview? Tell us about it! If you are interested in these opportunities, please review our website for ideas on how you can get involved and contact us anytime. Better yet, if you have a fresh new content idea, send us the details! Don’t forget to join us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Contact taliabeckett (at) gmail.com to discuss further and receive our media kit.