It’s always a good idea to network on and offline. You have to be willing to invest your time in making those connections, relationships are gold. And don’t be afraid to ask for help!
Blogger NinaontheMoon.com caught our eye with her unique fashion statements and her love for beauty, eco-fashion and food. Nina is completely down to earth, and we’re tickled pink to kick off 2016 with her love for life and fashion!
1. Tell us about yourself and how you started blogging.- I’m Nina, a 29 year old Honduran-Canadian woman that is dedicated to her family, friends and communities. I love hand me downs, playing dress up while window shopping and selling at flea markets! I blog at Ninaonthemoon.com, where I post about my personal Eco-fashion style, beauty, lifestyle and food.
I started blogging a couple years ago while I was living in Mexico with not much to do…
2. What makes your blog absolutely fabulous?- Ninaonthemoon.com is a down to Earth blog where I share my honest opinions, ideas, thoughts on various topics such as fashion, lifestyle, beauty and food.
3. What type of content fits with your targeted audience?- My readers really enjoy posts about fashion, lifestyle, beauty and food. Currently I am posting my maternity outfits and they are very popular!
4. What does a day in your blog life look like?- A day in my blog life starts with planning and preparation; for posts, design of my blog, networking, pitching, collaborations and connecting. And usually ends with a hot cup of tea..
5. What types of readers are in your blog ‘pink book’?- A very diverse range of readers are in my “pink book.” I’m looking to connect with anyone who values a individualism, quirkiness and honesty.
6. Is running your own blog as glamorous as it sounds?- Running your own blog is fun! You get to connect and build relationships with people from all over the world. The coolest thing is taking those online connections and finally meeting offline! Yes, face to face!
7. What celebrity do you look at for style inspiration?- Some celebrity styles that I am keen of are: Florence Welch, Priscilla Presley (60/70s), Cher (during the Sonny + Cher times 60/70s), Frida Kahlo and Lila Downs.
8. What are your favourite stores to shop at for the perfect wardrobe?- I don’t have a favorite store to shop at, I actually don’t do much shopping believe it or not!
9. What is your favourite travel hot spot?- My favorite travel hot spot is Mexico…I love Guadalajara, Mexico City and Puerto Vallarta. So much history, culture, tradition and good food! I never leave behind my camera and a good pair of running shoes!
10. Can you offer any advice for new bloggers or female entrepreneurs looking to promote their business?- It’s always a good idea to network on and offline. You have to be willing to invest your time in making those connections, relationships are gold. And don’t be afraid to ask for help!